MosaicBlues: Muses, Mosaic and Music. .entry-content { font-size:25px !important; }

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Muses, Mosaic and Music.


Did you know that the two words Mosaic and Music have a similar ancient Greek root "μουσ" (mous) ?

Both words are relatives to the Muses, goddesses of the arts. Themselves a favourite theme of classical Roman mosaicists !


nine muses, traditional patronesses or Goddesses of the Arts
The nine Muses mosaic of Kos (Rhodes Island)


"Music" comes from the ancient Greek “μουσικός” (Mousikos)




"Mosaic" was formed from the ancient Greek "μουσεῖον" (Mouseîon)


This video is an accelerated take of my building the Mugen mosaic, a portrait of my late Border Collie Mugen who died 3 years ago, realized in Opus Pixellatum. The music is from Beethoven, and it is interpreted by my 2 nieces Charlotte and Luana. So here, you have the best of the 2 worlds of music and mosaic, a family business ! 









If you would like me to build a model of a mosaic portrait of your pet please contact me at frederic.lecut@mosaicblues.com



I am a modern mosaic artist with a deep admiration for ancient Greek, Roman and Byzantine Arts.
You can see my own mosaics on my site at mosaicblues.  

If you are interested by my work or would like to drop me a line please contact me by email at frederic.lecut@mosaicblues.com 
or by phone at (334) 798 1639. 


You can also 



No comments:

Post a Comment