MosaicBlues: Flipping Yezidi 36 .entry-content { font-size:25px !important; }

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Flipping Yezidi 36



A Dream Team of assistants - the whole Wiregrass Museum of Art Staff ! - helped me flip Yezidi 36 this afternoon !



Ichi


Ni


 San


Shi




Et Voila ! 


Yezidi 36 is a 18 x 50" Opus Pixellatum mosaic made of thousands of glass tesserae. It is part of my Yezidi portraits collection. 

This collection will be sold or auctioned  this summer to raise funds for the Free Yezidi Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to protect and support the most vulnerable members of the Yezidi community in Kurdistan.




I am a modern mosaic artist with a deep admiration for ancient Greek, Roman and Byzantine Arts. You can see other of my own mosaics on my site mosaicblues.
I believe artists should be deeply involved in their community, being local or global, and try to help people in need through their art.


 




To see more of these Yezidi mosaics and keep in touch with this project please follow my page Yezidi Mosaics Project.


You can also


No comments:

Post a Comment