MosaicBlues: Mosaic Portaits .entry-content { font-size:25px !important; }

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Mosaic Portaits


Although I create lots of eyes mosaics, I also do full face portraits. my last two were portraits of 2 young talented musician sisters. 






Luana on the left plays the Piano, Charlotte on the right plays the Cello 

In Luana's portrait, I was inspired by the "Primavera" painting of Sandro Boticelli. 







I realized Charlotte's in a more Classical Roman style by using a "Guilloche" border, as the one used in this Dionysos Mosaic from Lybia
















































These pieces had to be delivered in France. I built both of them on a fiberglass mesh and took them with me in a wooden crate. I then completed them in my small studio above the gorgeous Baie de Somme.


St Valery sur Somme



A few times every year I create custom mosaics for my collectors. They often, but not always, are portraits. 


If you were interested in a commission, here is how things typically happen :

  • You send me a picture of the space or area where you would like the mosaic.
  • You share your idea of what you want.
  • I create and share with you a draft drawing or computer rendering of the mosaic, complete in context so you can see it in your space, and you can offer feedback.
  • Once we agree on the project, you pay a 60% deposit and I go to work.
  • I deliver and install the mosaic in your space and show you how to care for it.

For more information, please contact me at frederic.lecut@gmail.com, or by phone at (334) 798 1639

I am a modern mosaic artist with a deep admiration for ancient Greek, Roman and Byzantine Arts. You can see some of my own mosaics on my site mosaicblues.

 






If you are interested by my work in general 

or would simply like to drop me a line, please 

contact me by email at frederic.lecut@gmail.com  

or by phone at (334) 798 1639. 

 


   You can also






 

If you liked this post, please share it with your friends, if you did not like it, feel free to share it with your enemies...






No comments:

Post a Comment