MosaicBlues: Mona Lisa mosaic created with cups of coffee. .entry-content { font-size:25px !important; }

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Mona Lisa mosaic created with cups of coffee.



After I posted last month about 2 mosaics created with Coffee under different forms in Russia and Mexico...

I found out that the Mona Lisa, the world's most famous painting, was recreated in Australi in 2009 by Alison Lyons for The Rocks Aroma Festival in Sydney, with 3,604 cups of coffee - and 564 pints of milk.






130,000 people attended this one-day coffee-lovers event.







The different sepia shades of the painting were created by adding no, little or lots of milk to each cup of black coffee.







This unusual mosaic measures 20 feet high and 13 feet wide. It took 3 hours to a team of eight people to build it !





Mona Lisa, also known as La Gioconda, presumably the most famous painting in the world, measures 30 x 21" (770 x 530 mm). It was painted in Florence, Italy between 1503 and 1506 by Leonardo Da Vinci.



She is displayed in the Musee du Louvre in Paris, France, with the title "Portrait of Lisa Gherardini, wife of Francesco del Giocondo."



I am a modern mosaic artist with a deep admiration for ancient Greek, Roman and Byzantine Arts, and I love to share this passion in my newsletter, as well as the work of other more modern mosaicists, working with traditional or non-traditional media. You can see my own mosaics on my site at mosaicblues  If you are interested by my work or would like to drop me a line please contact me by email at frederic.lecut@gmail.com or by phone at (334) 798 1639.


You can also









No comments:

Post a Comment