MosaicBlues: Gatto alla Byzantina .entry-content { font-size:25px !important; }

Monday, March 16, 2015

Gatto alla Byzantina


Every once in a while, you fall upon a remarkable piece of mosaic. I found that one on Twitter (you can follow me there @fredericlecut)

 

I am no cat lover - I just have two useless cats at home - but I really thought this one is absolutely gorgeous, I love the style, the colours, the jewellery...

Just plain absolutely amazing.

and then somehow I could not but think I had seen this cat somewhere before... And there she was again Theodora,  the Empress and wife of Emperor Justinian



And I must say, I still love this cat. I think he is fun, beautiful, he really is an homage to the great Empress.

How about you ? Drop me a line, let me know if you like this cat as much as I do ! 




I am a modern mosaic artist. I admire ancient Greek, Roman and Byzantine Arts and my mosaics are often inspired by the work of ancient masters. You can visit my site at mosaicblues  If you are interested by my works, (I can make this cat for you!) or would like to drop me a line please contact me by email at frederic.lecut@gmail.com or by phone at (334) 798 1639.

You may also want to

in which I keep you informed of my work, techniques, history and archaeology of mosaics.
(no Spam... lucky you !)



No comments:

Post a Comment