MosaicBlues: Alexandro Botticelli .entry-content { font-size:25px !important; }

Friday, August 1, 2014

Alexandro Botticelli


Alexandro Botticelli c. 1445 – May 17, 1510), was an Italian painter of the Early Renaissance. He belonged to the Florentine School under the patronage of Lorenzo de Medici, 

Among his best known works are The Birth of Venus and Primavera.








I had always loved Botticelli's Venus. One of my very first mosaics was inspired by her.





And well, I am going to do it again... This time the inspiration will be Primavera.




This is a "semi-secret" project, a portrait in the style of Botticelli, a present for someone who does not need to be aware of it. I won't be able to show the actual design, or the completed piece before she gets it. I will however, be able to post some of the work in process pictures. As I will be working with the reverse method, nobody should be able to figure out whose portrait it is...


If you are interested in my purchasing one of my existing mosaics, would like to discuss a special project or simply discuss the wonderful art of mosaics, please contact me by email at frederic.lecut@gmail.com or by phone at (334) 798 1639.



You may also









 













No comments:

Post a Comment