MosaicBlues: Framed with Steel .entry-content { font-size:25px !important; }

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Framed with Steel


My mosaics are now generally framed with Steel. Steel is strong, and prevents warping of these long and narrow pieces. In addition, if a piece falls the steel frame will prevent it from being shattered. 
 
Eva's eyes fell from the top of a shelf about 7 foot high. Because of its steel frame, it was just slightly cracked and I could easily repair the damages. However, the table it fell on did not appreciate the impact...



Although in a previous life I have worked with quite a few amazing welders, I would not want to disgrace my mosaics by wrapping them in a frame of my welding.

If you want things well done, call a professional...


Eddy Farmer welds my mosaics frames. Eddy is a great welder, and a good man. Here we are standing on both sides of Sean's Eyes.

Sean's Eyes, before flipping.

Eddy and I  have known each other since I first came to America 24 years ago. We built various things together for 10 years until our ways split in 2001. We met again 7 years ago when he started to work for an other one of my friends.

We cannot achieve much without help from other people. It is very important to stay aware of this, and be thankful for those people who participate in our works.


Eva's Eyes is now available; Sean's Eyes will be available in May 2014. If you would like to know more about these pieces or are interested in a commission, please contact me by phone at (334) 798 1639 or by email at frederic.lecut@gmail.com .


You can also 







No comments:

Post a Comment