MosaicBlues: Fall Foliage .entry-content { font-size:25px !important; }

Monday, March 10, 2014

Fall Foliage


Fall Foliage is a mosaic commissioned by my friend Becky. She is a gardener, and loves to have breakfast on her deck, enjoying the sight and smells of her plantations.

Fall foliage will be mounted directly on her kitchen wall.
I decided to realize the piece with materials of the same thickness : glasses and mirrors mounted on a fiberglass mesh, according to the direct method. This technique allows for a very light mosaic.

Today I would like to share with you the moment when I separate the mosaic from its support.



Although the moment is not as exciting as the flipping of a reverse order mosaic, it is still an interesting time ! 

In the Direct Method, I use a non water soluble glue,  which adheres much stronger to the support. (You can hear the noise of the mesh getting separated from the plastified support).



Once the piece complete and installed, I'll create a specific post showing the various stages of realization, from design to final and installed product.

You dreamed of a unique decoration for your home, kitchen, bathroom, dining room or garden, or would just want to learn more about my work or the techniques of mosaic ? 

Call (334) 798 1639 or email me at 

We will work together to make your dream come true, or simply chat about the wonders of the ancient musive art!













No comments:

Post a Comment