MosaicBlues: 3D Torso .entry-content { font-size:25px !important; }

Thursday, January 10, 2013

3D Torso


 
This is my first 3 dimensional mosaic. Exclusively made of regular and irridescent glass and mirror tiles, this female torso is adorned with young fern-leaf looking tattoos inspired from those worn by Pict and Scottish tribes of Northern Britain of the Roman Era.







The technique is very different from the one I generally use, every thing is directly set on the fame. You also have to accommodate for the fact that ceramic - or glass, does not bend to fol,low the curvature of the frame...


I also used a different type of grouting on this piece - I wanted a copper coloured grout - which is not available on the market. I had to produce it myself - some research, some experiment... The result is beautiful.










Hope you enjoy it...










No comments:

Post a Comment